- Trek Reference: EKK/KK-10
- Grade: D(E)
- Duration of Trek 22 Days
- Camping Days: 15
- Mountain Range: Karakuram
- Season: June to September
- Maximum Elevation: 4745-M (Optional Minglik Climb – 6050m)
This is a trek something completely off the beaten track – remote, far from civilisation, and we hope because of this to capture some of the spirit of early exploration. Shimshall Valley must rate as one of the most remote areas of the Karakuram Himalaya. The villages appear like oases in the barren mountain landscape. It was not far from here that Colonel Francis Younghusband had his celebrated encounter with his Russian counterpart, Captain Grombtchevski. This was during the period of the ‘Great Game’ when the British Raj was completely paranoid about the Russian Empire sending their troops over the passes and down into India. On the trekking we might see Marco Polo sheep wolf, blue sheep, Tibetan ass and the ever-elusive snow leopard .
The mountain scenery is no less impressive and awe-inspiring than elsewhere in the Karakuram and the largest mountain that you will see is Distaghil Sar, 7,885m. We would certainly recommend this trek to anyone who likes the idea of a tough trek where the itinerary may change on a daily basis and which takes you through very wild country.
- Day 01 Arrive Islamabad, Hotel.
- Day 02 Islamabad/Gilgit Or Chilas
- Day 03 Drive to Passu
- Day 04 Jeep drive to Shimshal
- Day 05 Rest day
- Day 06 Trek Shimshal – Furzin
- Day 07 Trek Furzin – Arbab Parian
- Day 08 Arbab Parian – Shunjerab
- Day 09 Shujarab to Shimshal Pass(4745m)
- Day 10 Mangaligh Sar Ascent(6050m)
- Day 11 Back to Base Camp & Rest
- Day 12 Trek to Arbabparian
- Day 13 Arbab Parian – Maidur
- Day 14 Maidur – Shapodin
- Day 15 Shapodin – Mandik Shlaq
- Day 16 Mandik Shlaq – Werbin
- Day 17 Werbin – Chafchingol Pass Base Camp
- Day 18 Trek Over Chafchingol Pass To Kuksil Kkh, Camp.
- Day 19 Karimabad, Hotel.
- Day 20 Karimabad – Besham
- Day 21 Drive Besham – Islamabad
- Day 22 Fly back home.
for further details planning your dream adventure please contact us: